Equinox Preserve Volunteer Opportunities
The Equinox Preservation Trust encourages volunteer efforts from local citizens, school groups and corporate groups to help maintain the trails and beauty of the Preserve. Current projects include:
• Help with construction projects
- Elevated walkways for Pond Loop Trail and Flatlanders trails
- Water bar construction to move flowing water off trails
• Clean water bars (fall and spring)
• Monitor and remove invasive plant species (bush honeysuckle, Japanese barberry,
buckthorns, burning bush, Norway maple, garlic mustard)
• Adopt a Trail Program
Monitor one of the following trails, removing fallen debris and cutting back overhanging branches.
Report trail damage or fallen trees requiring a chainsaw to the EPT Forest and Trails Steward office.
- Maidenhair Trail
- Mountain Bluff Trail
- Southern Vermont Arts Center loop
- Trillium Trail
- Blue Summit Trail
For more information about these projects and an opportunity to get involved,
contact the Equinox Preserve Forest and Trails Steward at 366-1400.